SSA12 software awards (closing date: 14 April 2012)
The following categories are open to all business software vendors1 with a customer base in the UK2:
- Accounting & Finance Management
- Practice Management Software
- Human Resources & Human Capital Management
- Talent Management
- Social & Collaboration
- Paperless Office & Document Management
- BI/CPM & Analytics
- IT Security Software
- Reseller of the Year
Special awards (closing date: 10 August 2012)
In addition to the software awards, which are decided purely on the views of end-users, there are also four special judged awards in the 2012 programme.
The 'BASDA Theo Van Dort' award
- Eligibility – entry is by independent nomination. Please send your nomination, along with a testimonial, to email@example.com. There is no charge for nomination.
- This award commemorates the work of Theo Van Dort after he lost his battle with cancer in 2005. The award is made to an individual who has made a recognised and significant contribution to the development of the UK software industry.
- The award will be judged and decided by the board of BASDA.
The 'Intellect Innovation' award
- Eligibility – any company involved in the design and delivery of business software in the UK is eligible to enter. There is no charge for entry.
- This award is judged by Intellect, the UK's IT trade association, and our partner for the SSA12 programme.
- The award will be presented to the entrant who demonstrates true innovation in developing business software solutions.
The 'Software Exporter of the Year' award
- Eligibility – any UK company involved in the delivery of business software to overseas clients is eligible to enter. There is no charge for entry.
- This is a brand new award for 2012, which aims to recognise the efforts of the UK software industry to break into new international markets for UK business applications.
- The award will be judged by the SSA12 panel, and presented to the vendor who clearly shows their success in identifying, targeting and selling to overseas customers.
The 'Vendor of the Year' award
- Eligibility – only entrants shortlisted in the SSA12 programme are eligible to enter this award. There is no charge for entry.
- From the companies shortlisted in this year's awards programme, our judging panel will select just one to receive the 'Vendor of the Year' award.
- The award will be judged by the SSA12 panel, and presented to the vendor who clearly shows their commitment to involving customers in new product development and, of course, customer service and satisfaction.
1 SSA12 reserves the right to vet all entries for a strong and representative fit with the stated categories.
2 Only UK end users may participate in the customer survey.